Thursday, January 12, 2006

Big Ideas #6


Click here for your favorite eBay items

This one really isn't one of my big ideas - It's one of my wife's. She for the longest has taken the regular Tootsie rolls and twisted them together with the flavored ones like strawberry and so on. I was after her for years to contact Tootsie Roll and when she finally did, they told her that they didn't take suggestions from outside the company. Well, I don't know how difficult it would be to do, but I'll bet some enterprising person could manufacture a Tootsie-like product and twist them together to make all kinds of combinations, Chocolate and cherry, orange and pineapple, vanilla and cherry, etc. You get the idea. I suppose that part of it is a big idea of mine. The other day I had what I thought was an epiphany. I'm a Musician's Friend affiliate and I thought I could sell guitars on ebay for about 3% less that they did, collect the commission and everybody wins. The only problem is that ebay charges more than I would make on the commission from Musician's Friend. I might look into setting up a Yahoo Store since it's like $30 a month and 1.5% of the sale. I could break even after selling about $1200 worth of merchandise. The problem is that people have to find you in order to buy from you on Yahoo and I don't know if I have to time to do that.

No comments: