Monday, January 02, 2006

Big Ideas #5


I've noticed that a bunch of computer geeks have been modifying their computer cases to reflect their personalities and while some of them are pretty cool, I think these guys have way too much time on their hands. The other day it occured to me that I could mount a motherboard, power supply, etc. on the underside of a end table I have and then get a wireless keyboard with a touchpad build into it and a small LCD monitor. After thinking about it a while, I decided the LCD would have to be on some sort of arm that would allow it to fold up under the table out of sight. My boss at my day job does a lot of woodworking and is a bit of computer nerd so I told him about it. He seemed interested so we'll see where this goes. I think there are tons of people that wouldn't mind having a computer in their living room if it didn't look like a computer. I'm going to try to experiment with another identical table I have to see if I can make it work.

No comments: